Passport and VISA


If you are planning to visit the United States, make sure all of your official travel documents are up to date, as you will need them to enter the country and return home.

All foreign visitors planning to visit the USA must have a passport valid for at least six months beyond their intended stay in the U.S., unless they are exempted by country-specific agreements.

For families traveling together, each member of the family must have his or her own passport, including infants and children.

If your passport is lost or stolen, immediately report it to the police and contact your local consulate or the embassy of your country of citizenship for a replacement. Most consulates have information on their websites for canceling a lost or stolen passport.


Depending on the issuer of your passport, a visa may be required for entry into the United States. 

Questions related to embassy or consulate-specific visa application procedures or questions should be addressed to the U.S. embassy or consulate where you will be applying. 

The USA welcomes international students and educational exchange visitors. Please bear in mind that student visas are different than tourist visas. 

*This is demo content